An individual choice.
Consider the Collaborative process if some or all of these statements are true for you:
- You want a civilized, respectful resolution of the issues, often referred to as a “good divorce”.
- You would like to establish a separation agreement with your partner in the most cost-effective way possible.
- You and your partner have children together, and you want the best family relationship possible now and in the future.
- You want to avoid the harm associated with an adversarial negotiation or a court battle.
- You place a high value on taking personal responsibility for handling conflicts with integrity.
- You value privacy, and you want to limit the personal or financial information available in the public court record.
- You recognize that you and your partner can make better decisions about your family and finances than anyone else.
- You understand that Collaborative Divorce involves achieving your reasonable goals and the goals of your partner.
- Your goals include a vision for your family that extends far beyond the matter at hand.
If you and your partner are contemplating a divorce or separation, speak to a collaborative family professional today.